If you wish to learn more about the upgrade paths available for individual students, please see our Upgrade FAQ.
An upgrade for organizations is a path where you can move from an active Learn subscription acquired via an invite to a higher subscription.
The subscription upgrade options for those who have activated a subscription through an invite are as follows:
- Learn Fundamentals can be upgraded to Learn One or Learn Unlimited subscription.
- Learn One can be upgraded to Learn Unlimited.
90-day individual courses, lab extensions or exam attempts cannot be upgraded to a subscription.
You will not be able to upgrade any license that is not on your admin account. If the assignment of the subscription product was done by a previous admin of your organization but the license administration rights were moved to your organization admin account, you will be able to upgrade that product.
You are only able to upgrade active subscriptions that are available in your Products dashboard.
Yes. The moment the license has been upgraded, the student will receive an email with an invitation link for the new subscription.
Flex subscription upgrade price will be prorated based on the remaining time from the current product. For example, when you choose to upgrade a Learn Fundamentals license to Learn One license, you will be applying the credits for the Learn One list price less the equivalent amount of the remaining period of your current Learn Fundamentals subscription.
- If you are at 90 days with your Learn Fundamentals subscription and decides to upgrade to Learn One, the upgrade value that will be deducted from the Flex credit will be: 2499 USD - [799 USD/365] * [365-90] =1897.01 USD
- If you are at 100 days with your Learn One subscription and decides to upgrade to Learn Unlimited, the upgrade value that will be deducted from the Flex credit will be: 5499 USD - [2499 USD/365] * [365-100] =3,684.66 USD
When I upgrade my Flex licenses, how much time will I have access to the upgraded Learn subscription?
If you have activated your current subscription through a Flex account, you will get a full year for the upgraded subscription. The one year of access will begin on the same date that you upgrade the product.
To upgrade, please complete the following steps:
- Log in to your master admin account at https://portal.offensive-security.com/sign-in
- Once logged in, go to the 'Teams' page and you will be redirected to the Products dashboard.
- On the Products page, look for the Learn subscription of your team member you wish to upgrade.
- Once you have found the license you wish to upgrade, click on the three vertically aligned dots and click 'Upgrade'.
- If you're upgrading from Learn Fundamentals or Learn One to Learn Unlimited subscription, once you click 'Upgrade', you will be presented with a page confirming you're about to upgrade to Learn Unlimited then you just need to confirm by clicking 'UPGRADE'.
- If you're upgrading from Learn Fundamentals to Learn One, once you click Upgrade, you will need to select the core course of your team member's Learn One subscription.
Yes. Once upgraded, you can assign them to your team members and they will receive an email with an invitation link for the new subscription.
There needs to be at least four months left of the subscription in order for a license to be upgraded.
For individual license subscriptions (non-Flex), the upgraded price is calculated based on the remaining time from the initial license and the value for the remaining time of the subscription you are trying to upgrade to. The unused time from the current subscription will be prorated from your payment.
- If you are at 90 days with your Learn Fundamentals subscription and decides to upgrade to Learn One, the upgrade price will be: [2499 USD/365] * [365 - 90] - [799 USD/365] * [365 - 90] = 1280.82 USD
- If you are at 100 days with your Learn One subscription and decides to upgrade to Learn Unlimited, the upgrade price will be: [5499 USD/365] * [365 - 100] - [2499 USD/365] * [365 - 100] = 2178.08 USD
When you upgrade a subscription which was purchased as a non-Flex, your subscription end date remains the same, allowing you to renew all of your subscription at once.
You will need to reach out to our training consultants to upgrade their subscription.