This article aims to answer the following questions:
- What are the Essentials Learning Paths?
- What kind of Topics are included in the Essentials Learning Paths?
- How can I get access to the Essentials Learning Paths?
- Are the Essentials Learning Paths prerequisites for the corresponding Level-200 courses?
- Does the Essentials Learning Paths have syllabi available?
- Can I get a certificate for any of the Essentials Learning Paths?
What are the Essentials Learning Paths?
Currently, we offer PEN, WEB, SOC, CLD, EXP and SSD. These courses are fundamental learning paths, which entry level learners can start. These courses were built to provide the basic skills and confidence needed to take on more advanced material such as PEN-200, WEB-200 and SOC-200.
What kind of Topics are included in the Essentials Learning Paths?
Here is a sample of some of the Topics:
- PEN: Network Penetration Testing Essentials: Linux Basics, Windows Basics, Networking, and Scripting
- SOC: Security Operations Essentials: Soc Management Process, Windows Logging, Intro to Enterprise Architecture
- CLD: Introduction to Cloud Security: Cloud Security Containers, Kubernetes, and Cloud Architecture.
- EXP: Exploit Development Essentials: Intel Assembly, ARM Assembly, Kubernetes II, and Cloud Architecture Overview
- SSD: Introduction to Secure Software Development: Intro to SQL Injection, Secure Development Lifecycle and Intro to Web Application Debugging
How can I get access to the Essentials Learning Paths?
The Essentials Learning Paths is available as part of the Learn One, Learn Unlimited and Learn Fundamentals subscriptions.
Are the Essentials Learning Paths prerequisites for the corresponding Level-200 courses?
The Essentials Learning Paths are exercise driven content meant to expose learners to the basic building blocks and skills at a beginners level. They are not Pentesting, Web Application or Security Operations courses, instead they seek to help learners become comfortable with tools and the technology needed to begin learning.
While it is not necessary to take, for example, PEN before PEN-200, the skills that are taught in PEN are required to learn PEN-200 material.
Does the Essentials Learning Paths have syllabi available?
No, with new content being added frequently to our platform, syllabi are not available.
You can view all current topics included in our Essentials Learning Paths on our main Learning Library page:
Can I get a certificate for any of the Essentials Learning Paths?
No. The Essentials Learning Paths do not have certifications.
Instead, these courses correspond to assessments and badges, which allow learners to understand the level of content they have assimilated.
Note, only the PEN, SOC, and WEB assessments and badges have been released so far. More assessments and badges coming soon.