When registering as a new student in the Offensive Security Training Library, you will be required to present a valid ID card as part of the registration process. This is required as, given the nature of our training, we are bound by strict legal guidelines which we must adhere to.
Our system is able to accept government-issued IDs like passports, national ID cards, driver's license or residence cards.
List of unaccepted documents:
- Screenshots and photos of screens
- Birth certificate
- Company ID
- Credit card
- International driving permit
- Student ID
- Visa (except for student/work visa issued by the U.S. and China)
What to expect
You will be able to able to go thorough the identity verification process directly in the Training Library interface. Once prompted by the system, you will be able to:
- Choose the country and select the ID type.
- Take a photo of the front part of your ID.
- Take a photo of the back part of your ID.
- Take a photo of your face. This will be used to verify your identity. You should see the verification ongoing. Once verified, you will be able to proceed to the next steps. If not, you will be brought back to the first step.
- Next, you will be able to provide your address and select your communications preferences.
If you experience any issue on any step of the process, please submit a request and a member of our team will be happy to assist you through the process.
Bellow you can find a list of things that can make the identification process smoother:
1. Check whether the alphabet used on your ID is supported. If it is not, please provide ID with text in the Latin alphabet.
Supported: Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Cyrillic
2. Make sure your photo is in focus. Hold your ID steady when taking photo and make sure your camera has clean lens.
3. Do not take picture in the dark. Take picture in well-lit room or outdoors and avoid reflections and glare.
4. The image must show the whole document. Make sure you do not cover ID with your hand or cut part of the document out when taking the picture.
5. Include the back of your ID. Both the front and back of your ID are required for verification
6. Double-check the selected ID country. Make sure the country our system selected on the first step matches the country that issued you ID.
How to tell if your account is successfully verified
To see if your account has gone through the verification successfully, click on your username, at the top right of your control panel and select "Personal data". Here you will be able to see the name associated with your account and underneath it, your account status .
If your account is marked as "Verified profile" and your student name is matching your scanned ID you are all set.
If your account is marked as "Pending validation" or your student name needs to be corrected, please submit a request to have them amended.
Note, should the name associated with your account not match the ID you present during your exam identification, you will not be allowed to proceed with the exam. As such, it is important to check the information associated with your account and request for it to be amended as needed.