- Ensure you have received your OSID and MD5
- Ensure you are using a supported OS (Step 2)
- Ensure you are using a system with a webcam
- Ensure you are using Google Chrome
- Ensure you are have Janus plug-in installed (Step 3)
STEP 1: LOGGING IN
Please login to the URL: https://proctoring.offensive-security.com/Student/login
- Please enter your OSID
- Please enter your MD5
- Click on LOGIN
- If you are not able to login, please contact email@example.com with your OSID
STEP 2: ALLOWING PERMISSIONS
On successful login, Chrome will prompt you to allow the following requests.
- Please allow 'Show Notification' to receive notification on chats from Proctors
- Please allow to 'Use your camera' for the proctors to see you
- If the requests are allowed, the 'Webcam' and 'OS' icons would turn green with a tick mark.
- Please enter the name you would like to display throughout the examination and click on BEGIN
NB: This name will not be used anywhere other than for the purpose of identification while you attend the examination.
If the 'Webcam' check fails, please:
- Check if webcam is connected to the system / enabled on laptop
- Follow Step 5
STEP 3: JANUS PLUGIN INSTALLATION
If you do not have Janus Plugin installed, you will be prompted with a popup asking you to install the Plugin. To proceed with the examination, you must install this plug-in. Please add the extension and refresh the landing page to allow screen-share.
- Prompt to Install Janus extension is asked if it is not already installed.
- Janus WebRTC Extension installation. Please click on 'Add to Chrome'.
- Allowing Installation of Janus Extension. Please click on 'Add extension'.
- Once Janus WebRTC Extension is complete, you can see the confirmation.
STEP 4: ALLOWING SCREEN SHARE
Before beginning the examination, please share your screens. If the Janus WebRTC Extension is installed, the application will prompt you to share your screen. Please note that on screen refresh, you will be prompted to share the screens again.
- You will be prompted to share your screen.
- Please select 'Your Entire Screen' and click on 'Share'.
- You can see a new tab/notification stating that you are sharing your screen
- In some OS, the notification can be on bottom of the same tab while for others, it can be on a separate tab.
- Please do not 'Stop sharing' at any moment during the examination.
- Please refresh the screen if you are not able to share the screen and repeat the steps
- Share the 'Screen 1' first
- After sharing the screen 1, select the number of screens from the drop down
- Prompts to share screen will be asked depending on the number selected from the drop-down
- Please select and share corresponding screens in each prompt
- Please select screen from 'Your Entire Screen' only in each prompt
STEP 5: VERIFICATION
- Please click on the 'Secure' icon on the address bar
- Please verify that Camera and Notification access are 'Allow'ed
- Please verify that screen sharing is enabled
- Please verify that OSID displayed on the application is yours
- Please verify that you are able to send message via chat
- Once the proctors are joined, you are able to view all proctors by clicking on the drop-down on top right
'HIDE WEBCAM' function hides your webcam from your view on the application for a seamless experience.
Proctors will still be able to view your webcam.
'PAUSE WEBCAM' function requests the proctors to pause your webcam. You can use this option when you require a long break or privacy on running a script that requires needs screen sharing. Webcam is paused/resumed by the proctor from their end. Once proctors pause the webcam, they will not be able to view your webcam. Please 'RESUME WEBCAM' when you are back to your desk to request to resume your webcam.
This function ends your examination from your end. This will stop the examination and you WILL NOT be able to re-join the session. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you accidentally end your session and want to schedule a new session.