- Ensure you have received your OSID and MD5
- Ensure you are using a supported OS
- Ensure you are using a system with a webcam
- Ensure you are using Google Chrome/Firefox/Brave/Edge/Chromium
- Ensure you are have Janus plug-in installed if you are using Chrome/Brave/Edge/Chromium
Note: No need to install browser extension in Firefox.
STEP 1: LOGGING IN
Please login to the URL: https://proctoring.offensive-security.com/Student/login
- Please enter your OSID
- Please enter your MD5
- Click on LOGIN
- If you are not able to login, please contact email@example.com with your OSID
STEP 2: ALLOWING PERMISSIONS
On successful login, for Chrome/Brave/Firefox/Edge/Chromium will prompt you to allow the following requests.
- Please allow 'Show Notification' to receive notification on chats from Proctors
- Please allow to 'Use your camera' for the proctors to see you
- Please choose the webcam to share in the drop-down.
- Please allow the camera to share for the proctors to see you.
3. If the requests are allowed, the 'Webcam' and 'OS' icons would turn green with a tick mark.
4. Please enter the name you would like to display throughout the examination and click on BEGIN
NB: This name will not be used anywhere other than for the purpose of identification while you attend the examination.
If the 'Webcam' check fails, please:
- Check if webcam is connected to the system / enabled on laptop
- If unable to connect to the webcam, proceed to Step 5
STEP 3: JANUS PLUGIN INSTALLATION (For Chrome/Brave/Edge/Chromium only)
If you do not have Janus Plugin installed in the Chrome-based browsers, you will be prompted with a popup asking you to install the Plugin. To proceed with the examination, you must install this plug-in. Please add the extension and refresh the landing page to allow screen-share.
- Prompt to Install Janus extension is asked if it is not already installed.
- Janus WebRTC Extension installation. Please click on 'Add to Chrome'.
- Allowing Installation of Janus Extension. Please click on 'Add extension'.
- Once Janus WebRTC Extension is complete, you can see the confirmation.
STEP 4: ALLOWING SCREEN SHARE
Before beginning the examination, please share your screens. If the Janus WebRTC Extension is installed, the application will prompt you to share your screen. Please note that on screen refresh, you will be prompted to share the screens again.
- You will be prompted to share your screen.
- Please select 'Your Entire Screen' and click on 'Share'.
- You can see a new tab/notification stating that you are sharing your screen
- In some OS, the notification can be on bottom of the same tab while for others, it can be on a separate tab.
- Please do not 'Stop sharing' at any moment during the examination.
- Please refresh the screen if you are not able to share the screen and repeat the steps
- Share the 'Screen 1' first
- After sharing the screen 1, select the number of screens from the drop down
- Prompts to share screen will be asked depending on the number selected from the drop-down
- Please select and share corresponding screens in each prompt
- Please select screen from 'Your Entire Screen' only in each prompt
- You will be prompted to share your screen
Please select the "Entire Screen" from the "Window or Screen to share:" drop-down
Then, please click "Allow"
You can see a new tab/notification stating that you are sharing your screen
- Share the "Screen 1" first
- After sharing the screen 1, select the number of screens from the drop-down
- Prompts to share screen will be asked depending on the number selected from the drop-down (Please refer to first screenshot)
- Please select the "Entire Screen" from the "Window or Screen to share:" drop-down
- Please select and share corresponding screens in each prompt (Please refer to the second - fourth screenshots)
- Then, please click "Allow"
STEP 5: VERIFICATION
- Please click on the "Secure" icon on the address bar
- Please verify that Camera and Notification access are "Allowed"
- Please verify that screen sharing is enabled
- Please verify that OSID displayed on the application is yours
- Please verify that you are able to send message via chat
- Once the proctors have joined, you are able to view all proctors by clicking on the drop-down on top right
"HIDE WEBCAM" function hides your webcam from your view on the application. Proctors will still be able to view your webcam.
"PAUSE WEBCAM" function requests the proctor to pause your webcam. You can use this option when you require a long or short break. Once the proctor pause the webcam, he or she will not be able to view your webcam. Please "RESUME WEBCAM" when you are back on your desk and would like to resume on your exam.
This function will send a notification to your proctor that you wish to end your exam. Please note that proctor will ask your confirmation to end your exam.