This is intended to be a resource where students can obtain small nudges or help while working on the PWK machines.
It consists in 3 main steps which are taught in the PWK course:
- Information gathering (Enumeration)
- Shell (Vulnerability exploitation)
- Privilege Escalation
Note that we do not recommend students to rely entirely on this resource while working on the lab machines. Students should do their own enumeration and research and then come to this resource if they feel they have exhausted all of their options for a specific system.
- Initial Enumeration:
- The type of machine that needs someone defending.Check Machine Dependencies.
- If you feel you have done enough enumeration and you are unable to find an attack vector then continue working on other machines in the lab
- Some machines share too many things with others
- Privilege Escalation:
- Who are you?