Before you can connect and start a lab machine, you will be required to download a VPN pack. Please follow the steps below to get started connecting to lab machines.
1. Browse to the Proving Grounds control panel, and click on Connect to VPN. This will present you with your VPN credentials.
Note: Your password is not saved, be sure to save it somewhere secure. If you lose your password, you will need to generate a new one.
2. Click on the Download VPN Pack button. For the purposes of this article, we are downloading the VPN pack to the desktop.
NOTE: If you do not see your password, click on "Generate New Password" and a new password will be generated for you. Passwords are not saved and Offensive Security can not retrieve your password.
3. Next, open up a Terminal in Kali and type in:
sudo openvpn PATH TO YOUR VPN PACK
Note: You must use sudo openvpn or you will receive an error.
4. Then press Enter.
5. Type in the Sudo password for your Kali image, and then type in your username and password as presented in the control panel.
6. Click on the Start arrow next to your selected machine. If you get an error message when attempting to start a machine, please check the Error Messages Help Center article.
7. When your machine has started, you will be presented with your machine's IP address, and you may begin exploiting the machine.
8. If you have any issues accessing a machine please reference the Help Center Troubleshooting articles or submit a request below.